Saturday, July 2, 2011

Daily Art Journal (DAJ) - 30 Day Challenge

I was recently inspired by this TED talk to take on a 30 Day Challenge related to crafting. I have been toying with this idea for awhile but the biggest challenge was to come up with a theme for the challenges: most of the things I make are exercises in patience and cannot be reasonably be completed in a day.

Last night, I came up with the idea for an art journal. Basically, creating one picture per day that represents a meaningful event or idea of that day. I think it's both a wonderful way to mark the passing of time and to ensure that I make something each day.

Originally, I had set up a Tumblr account for my daily art challenges. And neglected this blog in the process. Now, everything is simplified and in one place!

No comments:

Post a Comment