Tuesday, July 5, 2011

DAJ Day 3: Found



Inspiration: Heading to the Caltrain station before work, I saw someone put a cup on a tree branch... another really literal picture. This made me laugh because it's art in a way - it's a deliberate action; someone interacting with their environment. It reminded me of this grate at Berkeley Bowl West where people place random found objects. That grate has the feeling of a shrine, and I like to think of those as offerings to the Berkeley Bowl god. I think it's possible that would happen in Berkeley... this grocery story inspires weird amounts of devotion in it's shoppers, including myself. Every time I'm in town, I always stop by, pay my respects and leave a little trinket. So I put the grate in the background behind the tree.

The grate in question:

No comments:

Post a Comment