Friday, September 9, 2011

Sketchbook Project: Stitches and Folds

Learning how to draw and sketch has been on my to-do list for quite some time. So, when I heard about the Sketchbook Project, I decided that was the perfect new challenge for myself. Basically, you commit to completing a 32-page sketchbook. You pick a theme as a starting point from 40 or so topics. Once you complete the sketchbook, you return it to the Brooklyn Art Library, and those sketchbooks go on tour to various art centers throughout the country (and world?) and can be checked out like normal library books. You can even have your book digitized and uploaded online. After the tour, the book will be cataloged at the Brooklyn Museum of Art. If anyone looks at or checks out your sketchbook, you can be notified. Fun!

My theme: Stitches and Folds, which goes perfectly with my love of embroidery and origami. I'm interested in exploring embroidery on paper, something I did a little with my art journal challenge, and incorporating it with other forms of art (like drawing).

No comments:

Post a Comment