Sunday, December 18, 2011

Custom Cross Stitched QR code Patch

The latest offering in my Etsy store: a custom QR code cross stitched patch. Like this:


That one links to the address of my new Etsy shop: http://theMMM.etsy.com. (Try it out!) I have a patch on my backpack that translates to a tiny URL going to this blog. It's a great way to start a conversation about my site and crafting in general. People will ask why I have a QR code on my backpack and where it goes to... then look closer see it's actually cross stitched. They always want to try it out to see if it actually works, and it definitely does.

I put up a patch I previously made that says "analog" but I thought it would be fun to offer to make customizable patches that people can wear and have them link directly to their personal sites. It's a fun mix of geek and craft, and gives me another excuse to cross stitch.


These patches aren't super difficult to make, although they are time consuming. They're a lot less mindless than a lot of the stitching I do, because the pattern is psudo-random and you have to closely follow the design. Very meticulous work, but a super cool result.

1 comment:

  1. There are some important things to know what you should use the format, size and readability of important facts. In the "QR Code printing tips" article, you can find all of this.

    custom qr codes

    ReplyDelete