Friday, March 23, 2012

GOOD Art Challenge: Update 6

One week left of the GOOD challenge.

14. Check out an art book at the library.
This is such an easy challenge because I live in the art section at the library. My most recent check-out is the library's only book on tatting: Tatting, Patterns and Designs by Gun Blomqvist and Elwy Persson.

Tatting is working it's way up on my projects list - it's a form of lace making comprised of loops. I just got a shuttle and some cotton, and hope to teach myself how to begin in the next few weeks.


22. Finger paint.
The modern day form of finger painting is surely tablet drawing. Or touch screen drawing. If you take that into account, I have been finger painting up a storm lately ever since I got the Draw Something app. It's a touch screen version of pictionary. You can play with your friends, and the best part about it is that you can see not only your friend's finished drawing, but the whole process of the drawing in the form of a video. It's so entertaining! I can't believe some of the detail and time my friends (plus random people form the internet) put into this game. One person drew me the most amazing drawing of Tupaq - I don't even know who this guy is, but I guessed it correctly. Here are a selection of my finger paintings! Can you guess what the words were?



No comments:

Post a Comment