I can't resist a challenge. Especially 30-day challenges, and especially art. While my track record with such challenges hasn't been the best (see here and here!) I'm compelled to take on this challenge from GOOD: make time for art in your life. This is especially important to me recently because I've been so busy I haven't had time to make as much as I used to.
One thing I like about this challenge is that they give you 31 things for the month of March, but say you can do one a day, or them all in a week - just as long as you finish as many as you can in a month. In the past, I've tried to make one thing every day and some days it was near impossible. I like this flexible approach - let's see how it goes! The 31 things (I'll cross off and link as I go along!):
4. Research an artist.
7. Create a floral or stone arrangement.
10. Frame something you have been meaning to frame.
12. Create a font type for your name.
13. Create a business card.
15. Break something. (You have to destroy in order to create!)
19. Make an inspiration board (moodboard) for a future project.
20. Draw some chalk art on the sidewalk.
21. Make origami.
23. Illustrate a song that inspires you.
25. Draw the best part of today.
27. Create a place in your home to store your create supplies.
29. Draw yourself as a cartoon.
31. Create an artist's workspace in your home.